To protect human health and the
quality of Idaho’s air, land, and water.
DEQ is a state department created by the Idaho Environmental Protection and Health Act to ensure clean air, water, and land in the state and protect Idaho citizens from the adverse health impacts of pollution.
As a regulatory agency, DEQ enforces various state environmental regulations and administers a number of federal environmental protection laws including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
The agency is committed to working in partnership with local communities, businesses, and citizens to identify and implement cost-effective environmental solutions.
What's New at DEQ?
Recently updated pages on DEQ's website:
- CDA 5K Summer Series for Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer
- Current Wildfire Smoke Info
- News Release - DEQ seeks comment on draft water reuse permit renewal for Huckleberry Bay Company
- Public Comment Opportunity - Draft Water Reuse Permit - Huckleberry Bay Company - Bonner County
- News Release - DEQ awards wastewater planning grant to city of Genesee, Latah County
- Non-Municipal Solid Waste Landfill Guidance
- News Release - DEQ seeks comment on proposed air quality permit to construct for Classic Truck Collision Center, Idaho Falls
- Public Comment Opportunity - Draft Air Quality Permit - Classic Truck Collision Center - Idaho Falls
- Public Comment Opportunity - Draft Environmental Determination - Mores Creek Rim Ranch Water District
- Job Opening - UST/LUST Specialist - State Office, Boise