To protect human health
and preserve the quality of Idaho's air, land, and water
for use and enjoyment today and in the future.
DEQ is a state department created by the Idaho Environmental Protection and Health Act to ensure clean air, water, and land in the state and protect Idaho citizens from the adverse health impacts of pollution.
As a regulatory agency, DEQ enforces various state environmental regulations and administers a number of federal environmental protection laws including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
The agency is committed to working in partnership with local communities, businesses, and citizens to identify and implement cost-effective environmental solutions.
What's New at DEQ?
Recently updated pages on DEQ's website:
- News Release - DEQ seeks comment on proposed air quality permit to construct for Alta Mesa ML Investments 1-11 facility, Payette
- News Release - DEQ seeks comment on proposed air quality permit to construct for Alta Mesa ML Investments 1-3 facility, Payette
- Public Comment Opportunity - Proposed Air Quality Permit to Construct - Alta Mesa ML Investments 1-3 Facility - Payette
- Public Comment Opportunity - Proposed Air Quality Permit to Construct - Alta Mesa ML Investments 1-11 Facility - Payette
- Idaho Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Program Development
- Current Wildfire Smoke Info
- Idaho Pollutant Discharge Elimination System: Program Application
- Job Opening - Airshed Coordinator - Pocatello Regional Office
- Air Quality: Docket No. 58-0101-1604 - Proposed Rule
- Air Quality: Docket No. 58-0101-1601 - Proposed Rule