To protect human health
and preserve the quality of Idaho's air, land, and water
for use and enjoyment today and in the future.
DEQ is a state department created by the Idaho Environmental Protection and Health Act to ensure clean air, water, and land in the state and protect Idaho citizens from the adverse health impacts of pollution.
As a regulatory agency, DEQ enforces various state environmental regulations and administers a number of federal environmental protection laws including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
The agency is committed to working in partnership with local communities, businesses, and citizens to identify and implement cost-effective environmental solutions.
What's New at DEQ?
Recently updated pages on DEQ's website:
- Current Wildfire Smoke Info
- Burn Decisions
- Memoranda of Understanding
- Wood River WAG Meeting - 09/23/14
- Wood River Watershed Advisory Group (WAG)
- Public Wastewater System Construction Loans
- Public Water System Construction Loans
- News Release - Pollution Prevention Recognition for The New Jersey Mining Company, Kellogg
- News Release - Pollution Prevention Recognition for Bittercreek Alehouse and Red Feather Lounge, Boise
- Drinking Water Operator Resources