To protect human health and the
quality of Idaho’s air, land, and water.
DEQ is a state department created by the Idaho Environmental Protection and Health Act to ensure clean air, water, and land in the state and protect Idaho citizens from the adverse health impacts of pollution.
As a regulatory agency, DEQ enforces various state environmental regulations and administers a number of federal environmental protection laws including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
The agency is committed to working in partnership with local communities, businesses, and citizens to identify and implement cost-effective environmental solutions.
What's New at DEQ?
Recently updated pages on DEQ's website:
- Vendor Opportunities
- 28th Annual Idaho Water Quality Workshop
- News Release - Gayle Manufacturing, Caldwell, applies to DEQ to modify air quality permit to construct
- Beneficial Use Reconnaissance Program
- Triennial Review
- Technical Guidance Manual for Individual and Subsurface Sewage Disposal Systems
- Job Opening - Watershed Coordinator - Boise Regional Office
- Volkswagen Diesel Settlement
- Public Comment Opportunity - Draft 401 Certification - Idaho Transportation Department Cedar Draw Project
- Environmental Review