To protect human health and the
quality of Idaho’s air, land, and water.
DEQ is a state department created by the Idaho Environmental Protection and Health Act to ensure clean air, water, and land in the state and protect Idaho citizens from the adverse health impacts of pollution.
As a regulatory agency, DEQ enforces various state environmental regulations and administers a number of federal environmental protection laws including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, and the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
The agency is committed to working in partnership with local communities, businesses, and citizens to identify and implement cost-effective environmental solutions.
What's New at DEQ?
Recently updated pages on DEQ's website:
- Clearwater River Subbasin
- DEQ Policies
- Job Opening - Grants Officer - Fiscal Division at the State Office in Boise
- Job Opening - Environmental Analyst - Idaho Falls Regional Office
- Environmental Conferences, Trainings & Workshops Hosted by DEQ
- ABC Exam Review Wastewater Treatment Operator III Training
- ABC Exam Review Wastewater Treatment Operator II Training
- Job Opening - IPDES Regional Compliance Officer - Boise Regional Office
- 29th Annual Idaho Water Quality Workshop
- North Fork Coeur d'Alene River WAG Meeting - 01/24/19