Environmental Conferences, Trainings & Workshops Hosted by DEQ
Periodically DEQ hosts conferences, trainings, and workshops on environmental topics to provide environmental professionals and other interested parties an opportunity to network and learn about air quality, water quality, and waste management issues of interest and concern.
- Wastewater Collection Operator Review for OIT and Class I and II Certifications: Pocatello, September 19-20: This two-day class covers a review for those preparing for the Wastewater Operators - Collection Class I and II Certification examinations. It will cover a wide range of general categories regarding operation and maintenance, safety, electrical pumps and motors, design and construction, mathematics, and supervision and management.
- ABC Exam Review Wastewater Treatment Operator III Training: Hayden, September 22, and Pocatello, November 3: This training will use Class III certification exam-type questions and answer possibilities on a wide range of wastewater treatment topics. This class will not only help operators prepare for their next exam, it will also provide an opportunity to learn about treatment processes, which are not at their current facility.
- Wastewater Lagoon Troubleshooting Workshop: Meridian, October 11, and Twin Falls, October 12-13: This workshop will cover new methods, techniques, and strategies for BOD reduction, TSS removal, odor control, sludge reduction, and nutrient removal.
- ABC Exam Review Wastewater Treatment Operator OIT and Class I: Pocatello, October 31 - November 1: This two-day training will introduce the core competencies required to successfully pass the State of Idaho’s Wastewater Treatment Operators Certification Exam for OIT and Level I.
- Activated Sludge Microbiology and Filament Identification: Boise, October 31-November 1 and November 2-3 (two sessions): This is a two-day microscope class on activated sludge microbiology and filament identification. It is intended for wastewater plant operators, supervisors and engineers to examine and understand the microbiology involved in municipal wastewater treatment.
- ABC Exam Review Wastewater Treatment Operator II Training: Pocatello, November 2: This training will cover Class II certification exam-type questions and answer possibilities on a wide range of wastewater treatment topics. This class will not only help operators prepare for their next exam, it will also provide an opportunity to learn about treatment processes, which are not at their current facility.
- Idaho Water Quality Workshop: Boise, January 30-February 1, 2018: Discuss water quality methods, results and applications. Since 1990, this workshop has provided a forum for technical dissemination of water quality topics, as well as opportunities to network and share information.
Previous Conferences, Trainings, and Workshops
- Idaho Nitrate Symposium: Working Together to Protect Idaho’s Drinking Water (Source Water)
Presentations from the December 4, 2014 symposium.
- Source Water Protection Workshop: 2016
- Water Reuse Conferences
Links to presentations at previous annual water reuse conferences are available here:
2017 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007