Environmental Conferences, Trainings & Workshops Hosted by DEQ
Periodically DEQ hosts conferences, trainings, and workshops on environmental topics to provide environmental professionals and other interested parties an opportunity to network and learn about air quality, water quality, and waste management issues of interest and concern.
- Basics of Wastewater Treatment: Moscow, March 26-27, 2019: This two-day workshop provides a fundamental overview of the different processes found at wastewater treatment plants.
- Anaerobic Digestion Process, Equipment, and Math Training: Jerome, April 4, 2019: This training will cover topics related to anaerobic digestion and solids handling such as sludge treatment options, the digestion process, equipment, and factors affecting anaerobic digestion.
- ABC Exam Review Wastewater Treatment Operator III Training: Jerome, April 5, 2019: This training will use Class III certification exam-type questions and answer possibilities on a wide range of wastewater treatment topics.
- Source Water Protection Workshop: Source Water and Asset Management: Post Falls, Idaho Falls, Twin Falls, and Boise : The workshop will provide information on how source water protection can be integrated into asset management, and the tools and resources available to assist with developing source water protection and emergency response plans and funding source water protection projects.
- Wastewater Collection Operator Review for OIT and Class I and II Certifications: Idaho Falls, April 15-16, 2019: This two-day class covers a review for those preparing for the Wastewater Operators - Collection OIT and Class I and II Certification examinations.
- Idaho Reuse and Operators Conference: Boise, May 21-23, 2019: This annual conference enables water and wastewater operators, engineers, public works directors, elected officials, consultants, developers, attorneys, environmental advocates, and other professionals to continue their education, network, and discuss key issues related to water reuse in Idaho and the West.
- IPDES E-Permitting Training for Industrial Dischargers (non-POTWs): May and June 2019: DEQ is providing free IPDES E-Permitting training for applicants and permittees who must submit permit applications, reports, and other related information (except for DMRs). This single-day training is intended primarily for the certifying official or duly authorized representative who will be the facility’s E-Permitting administrator.
Previous Conferences, Trainings, and Workshops
- Source Water Protection Workshop: 2018 | 2016
- Water Reuse Conferences
Links to presentations at previous annual water reuse conferences are available here:
2017 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007