2008 Idaho Water Reuse Conference
The 2008 Idaho Wastewater Reuse Conference was held June 17-18 in Boise, Idaho. Topics included treatment technologies, case studies, funding and management, public outreach and involvement, permitting rules and guidance, water rights, operations and maintenance, and other related topics. Keynote speakers included former U.S. Secretary of the Interior and four-time Idaho Governor Cecil Andrus and John Ruetten of Resource Trends.
This was the fourth year of the Idaho Wastewater Reuse Conference. The planning group for this year's conference included MWH, HDR, Forsgren Associates, the Pacific Northwest Clean Water Association, Eagle Sewer District, DEQ, EPA, Brown and Caldwell, and CH2M HILL.
June 17, 2008
- Water Reuse--How Do We Pay For It? Dina O'Reilly and John Maxwell, HDR
- Idaho Class A&B Rules and Regulations, Mark Mason, Idaho DEQ
- Marketing and Public Perception of Water Reuse,John Ruetten, Resource Trends
- Post Falls Project--Municipal Planning and Policy-Making, Terry Werner, City of Post Falls
- Reuse: The Treasure Valley in 50 Years, Jack Harrison, HyQual
June 18, 2008
- Treatment for Reuse: The Occurrence and Removal of Acronyms, Roger Stephenson, MWH
- Reclaimed Water Rulemaking and Select Case Studies, Jim McCauley, Washington Dept. of Ecology
- Low Nutrient TMDL Focus in Idaho, Bill Stewart, U.S. EPA
- Cleaning and Restoring Water for our Community: LOTT's Reclaimed Water Program. Karla Fowler, LOTT Alliance
- Planned Water Reuse Projects in Idaho--Dry Creek Ranch, Dean Smith, Brown and Caldwell
- Planned Water Reuse Projects in Idaho--Eastern Idaho Regional Water Factory, Brent Crowther, Forsgren Associates
- Current Reuse Projects in Idaho--City of Meridian, Clint Dolsby, City of Meridian, and David Keil, HDR Engineering, Inc.
- Current Reuse Projects in Idaho--Gozzer Ranch, Stephen Cordes, Welsh Comef
- Consistency and Conservation Value, Barry Burnell, Idaho DEQ