CDA 5K Summer Series for Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer
The 2nd annual CDA 5K Summer Series for Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer will take place on three consecutive Thursdays in August. This race is an all-ages community event focused on highlighting the significance of the Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer and why the water we drink and use every day is so important.
A series of three 5K races will be held on August 9, August 16, and August 23 at 6 p.m. Starting location is at North Idaho College in Coeur d’Alene at the College Drive and River Avenue Intersection.
- All ages and speeds are welcome
- Chip-timed event by Nomadz Racing
- Race bibs will be handed out at 5:15 p.m. on race day with race starting at 6 p.m.
- Complimentary race t-shirt for first 100 participants to register for all three races
- Ribbons for top 3 per age group
- Overall winner prizes for top male and female of each race and top male and female combined race times for all three races
- Aid station with water
- Edible aquifers at the finish line
Entries are limited. The cost for each race is $5, cash or check only. Send your completed registration form by the Wednesday before each race to Alyssa Gersdorf at the DEQ Coeur d'Alene Regional Office, 2110 Ironwood Parkway, Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814. Race day registration will also be available until 5:15 p.m. on the day of the race.
The out and back course starts at North Idaho College, heads north on the North Idaho Centennial Trail to the 1.5 mile turnaround point, then back on the trail to North Idaho College for the finish. This flat, fast, course allows runners and walkers to take in the sights of the Spokane River and to remind us of the pristine water we drink every day from the Rathdrum Prairie Aquifer.
Parking will be available in the lots adjacent to the starting line.
Results will be posted at www.nomadzracing.com