Integrated Report: Call for Data
DEQ is seeking scientific data to assist the agency in evaluating water quality in all Idaho rivers, streams, lakes, and reservoirs for a combined 2018-2020 Integrated Report.
The Integrated Report is a biennial report that describes ongoing efforts to monitor, assess, track, and restore the chemical, physical, and biological integrity of Idaho waters. Within the Integrated Report, water bodies are classified into at least one of five categories ranging from meeting standards to impairment for one or more beneficial uses.
DEQ welcomes submittal of water quality data to assess water bodies for all categories in the Integrated Report. Particularly useful are data collected in the last five years (2014 to present). For all data collected and analyzed, provide a monitoring plan with the quality assurance and quality controls reported. Before submitting data, review the Water Body Assessment Guidance to learn more about using external data for water quality assessments, particularly Section 4.2: Existing and Readily Available Data Policy. In addition, review this additional guidance sheet for information about commonly submitted data.
The deadline for submitting data is March 11, 2019, at 5 p.m. MDT.
Data submission instructions
For each type of dataset, complete and submit the following information:
- A completed DEQ’s sample location template. Instructions are provided in the Excel file.
- Sample results and sample metadata information in electronic format (preferable .csv, .xls, or .xlsx). Alternately, upload the data to a public repository (e.g., Water Quality Portal), where it will be publically available and notify DEQ the dataset is available by emailing Jason Pappani at email@example.com.
- Quality assurance and quality control procedure documentation. Often, this information is documented in a project field sampling plan, quality assurance project plan, or a report.
- A completed requested information form. This sheet includes additional dataset metadata, a signatory page, and a checklist for tiering data. Only Tier 1 data can be used for §303(d) listing decisions, but Tier 2 or 3 data can be used for other water quality programmatic purposes. If you circle “N” for any item on the checklist, DEQ may not consider the data Tier 1. Final tiering decisions will be at the discretion of DEQ. Refer to section 4 of the Water Body Assessment Guidance for more information on using external data for water quality assessments.
Submitting the data
Follow the instructions below to submit the data to the DEQ cloud:
- Go to the DEQ call for data cloud, click + to create a folder. Name the folder using your name or organization. Create additional subfolders as needed for different types of datasets submitted.
- Drag and drop files containing the required information into the relevant folders.
- Email Jason Pappani at firstname.lastname@example.org to notify DEQ that data have been deposited.