Environmental Conferences, Trainings & Workshops Hosted by DEQ
Periodically DEQ hosts conferences, trainings, and workshops on environmental topics to provide environmental professionals and other interested parties an opportunity to network and learn about air quality, water quality, and waste management issues of interest and concern.
Workshops and Training
- Wastewater Land Application Exam Preparation and Review of Study Manual: Pocatello and Boise, October 2019: The purpose of this course is to review wastewater land application (WWLA) and provide wastewater land application operators with the basic understanding needed to operate land application systems in an efficient and environmentally sound manner consistent with the requirements of their permit.
- Wastewater Collection Operator Review for OIT and Class I and II Certifications: Coeur d'Alene, Nov. 5–6, 2019: This two-day class covers a review for those preparing for the Wastewater Operators - Collection OIT, and Class I and II Certification examinations. The subject material will be presented at an introductory level and will provide practical information to be used in the execution of duties in daily work in a collection system.
- Wastewater Collection Operator III and IV Exam Review: Lewiston, Nov. 7–8, 2019: This two-day class covers a review for those preparing for the Wastewater Operators - Collection III and IV Certification examinations. The purpose of this class is to prepare wastewater professionals in Idaho to pass licensure exams by providing them with all of the information that is required by the ABC need-to-know criteria.
- Wastewater Treatment Operator Grades I and II Exam Review: Heyburn, Nov. 13–14, 2019: The Association of Boards of Certification (ABC) has generated entirely NEW tests! This two-day workshop is designed for all personnel who are taking the NEW American Boards of Certification (ABC) wastewater operator exam grades 1 and 2.
- Wastewater Collection Operator Review II and III Review Training: Idaho Falls, Nov. 19–20, 2019: This two-day class covers a review for those preparing for the Wastewater Operator Collection Class II and III licensure examinations. It will cover a wide range of general categories regarding operation and maintenance, safety, electrical pumps and motors, design and construction, mathematics, and supervision and management.
- Water Quality Workshop: Boise, February 11–13, 2020: Please join us to discuss water quality methods, results and policy. Since 1990, this workshop has provided a forum for technical dissemination of water quality topics, as well as opportunities to network and share information. Attendance at the workshop is free.
Previous Conferences, Trainings, and Workshops
- Source Water Protection Workshop
- Source Water Protection Workshop: Cyanotoxins in Drinking Water: Protection and Response
- Water Reuse Conferences
Links to presentations at previous annual water reuse conferences are available here:
2019 | 2017 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007